Sunday, March 18, 2007

3I - Idli, Isai (Music) & Investment Banking

For those who know me even for two weeks, can make out what i intend to speak... For confused desis, here it goes... Among any three consecutive words I utter, u can find one of the above three words... Idli (Food), Isai (Music) or Investment Banking...

People say ' Think global, Act local '.. I wud like to add .. ' Eat local as well ' .. My liking for Idli developed during my two year stint in Chennai - while I was working in my organization ... If I have a client call @ 9 AM, I wud leave home by 8.55 AM.. What else do u expect to get in the office canteen, within 15sec, the good old...Idli ... This continued for about 2 years.. and still continues... timing advanced by one hour.. Here, our class starts @ 8.00 AM and Tiffanys (IIT-M canteen) provides better Idlis...As PVR (our Marketing Prof) says, "Content remains same, only Context varies"

My passion for music, as I could rewind, dates back to my childhood days... Right from the Action Songs during Primary Level youth Festivals, to Light Music group events , I enjoyed one after another.. And the liking for instruments developed during my high school days @ MMRHS... the atmosphere in my home was conducive as well as my dad and mom encouraged me a lot and supported me ... During my college days, i started developing an interest for fusion music..
Globalisation had its impact on me as well .... Now i m part of a dysfunctional band 'Mystik musings'.. the only functional part of the band is member strength keep on increasing the every other day..
( now, we r in search of lady members)

'Choice by elimination ' - might sound cliched for a b-School student/graduate... But i have my heart-felt thanks for the above phrase ... eventhough it started with the thought process of which career path i have choose, i cud easily eliminate other options , soon i started chanting the two magic words , '"IB".. gradually i started liking the mantra when i tried to know more about the same...
And as far as commitment to passion goes i think my commitment ratio is like this
" 80(Idli) : 15 (Music) : 5(IB) " and planning to take it to 90 : 6: 4...

Oops ... itz time to have Idli ..... See u guyz.....








5 comments:

Sathya said...

dont know about IB, but idli and isai are somethings that i can assure u this guy is definitely crazy about....(to be honest even i love food and music) :) keep blogging macha

keerthy karthikeyan said...

mayb what makes a blog interesting is the way, the writer links little things to a whole lot of other things..
i see that peeping up in yours..good work.. write more..

Rajeev said...

hmmm...So finally some breakthrough in blogging after the 3Is are given due attention...!!!

Priya said...

yeah i too want to tell u something.............
ur passion for music(muzik according to u) started from ur action songs??????
i dont believe ok??
passion doesnot start from childhood days I suppose.........

Lav'z said...

Hey.. Gud one..